First generation diesels lead a Michigan and Western Freight

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

First generation diesels lead a Michigan and Western Freight

Unread post by MQT1223 »

The Michigan and Western has made a resurgence lately, with motive power in this video having not run in several years until a few months ago. Some locomotives still need work before they can run again, but these three are out working earning their keep.

Michigan and Western #1835 an SD9 leads GP9 #537 and GP9 #450 (no dynamics) with a freight through Flint. #537 and #450 wear the black and white paint scheme that was the second paint scheme used by the M&W while the SD9 wears a heavily weathered green and tan paint scheme that was the first used by the railroad. Two GP9's in the green and tan paint scheme have yet to return to service as well as a black and white SW7. A lone ALCO is also on the roster wearing a heavily weathered prototype two tone grey paint scheme. Also on the roster is a patched Ex. Pennsy GP30 still in Brunswick Green Paint and a pair of U boats in the newest paint scheme of Red and White are operational and also on the roster. An F unit wearing an L&N themed paint scheme is on the roster for the specific purpose of pulling the Michigan and Western Scenic Excursion Trains. Video's of those locomotives will pop up eventually as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbKJ1sS4Tig
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: First generation diesels lead a Michigan and Western Fre

Unread post by AARR »

Let's see the whole layout :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

AARR wrote:Let's see the whole layout :)
Soon. :D We are waiting on one of the area's of the layout to be finished as it has been undergoing a serious rebuild. However, if you want to see the layout BEFORE that, I have something that might offer some insight. This playlist comprises several videos I've shot over the years, although I have gotten way better at it since then. I'm planning to shoot something a little more up to date this year with the acquisition of new and more powerful motive power as well as the finished portion of the layout. If your curious as to what is currently being ripped up, when you watch any of the videos and you see a large steel mill that is what's gone. The area on the layout called Gary (Now known as CP SpongeBob's Snail "Gary") is being transformed from a steel mill to a paper mill with a better track plan.

Feel free to watch some of these, I had a lot of fun making these. I owned a lot of Bachmann steam early on and they served me well.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fcvsrSZySo
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

rob
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob »

if you wish to see more of the layout. try our Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/wmmrrc

Rob

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I have been collecting footage over the past several months for a comprehensive video on the layout, but it is low priority behind the 1:1 scale stuff.

I will, at some point, be making a video following a train around the whole layout from Helix to Helix...I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Max has been pestering me for weeks...fingers crossed for Spring Break!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:
I have been collecting footage over the past several months for a comprehensive video on the layout, but it is low priority behind the 1:1 scale stuff.

I will, at some point, be making a video following a train around the whole layout from Helix to Helix...I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Max has been pestering me for weeks...fingers crossed for Spring Break!
I will 1up you on that. I got video coming of a RIDE behind my NW2 on the layout. Not only are you following a train but your riding it as well. :wink:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Behind your NW2? That'll take all day long! Haha
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:Behind your NW2? That'll take all day long! Haha
You think that is slow???

How about one of my former engines that I used to annoy people CONSTANTLY on the layout...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJCMZ3qIs1Q

Log service on the M&W did not last long... :lol:

MrRail
White Creek Flat Car

Unread post by MrRail »

Looking at the first video I still say we need to get the D&GRW F3s on point on that train.
Anything can be fixed with WD40 and ductape......... Right?

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MrRail wrote:Looking at the first video I still say we need to get the D&GRW F3s on point on that train.
No way those nasty F units will lead that train. :wink:

jwilliam33
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jwilliam33 »

Glad to see I'm not the only run running older Athearn blue box rolling stock. :D

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

jwilliam33 wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only run running older Athearn blue box rolling stock. :D
Oh ya PLENTY of Athearn rolling stock to be found, esoecially the older stuff. As for the power the lead unit is Athearn, the second two are older Kato units. One of the Kato units can easily outpull the Athearn unit. The Pulling power of Kato units always impresses me everytime. Hopefully one day they might make a steam locomotive or two. :D

rob
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob »

MQT1223 wrote:
jwilliam33 wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only run running older Athearn blue box rolling stock. :D
Oh ya PLENTY of Athearn rolling stock to be found, esoecially the older stuff. As for the power the lead unit is Athearn, the second two are older Kato units. One of the Kato units can easily outpull the Athearn unit. The Pulling power of Kato units always impresses me everytime. Hopefully one day they might make a steam locomotive or two. :D

the two geeps are atlass that have kato drives.

Rob

MrRail
White Creek Flat Car

Unread post by MrRail »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTW0Z-iKxuo[/youtube]

Looking back through the thread I see the request for a train ride. So, here is a ride behind my K4s locomotive #5442 (the camera doesn't fall at 3:something. Ignore that). I use a Sony Action Cam stripped of the waterproof shell, and stuffed in a iron ore car. I can view the footage live from my camera on my phone, so I can drive while sitting in one corner of the room. Anyway, enjoy!

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MrRail wrote:

Looking back through the thread I see the request for a train ride. So, here is a ride behind my K4s locomotive #5442 (the camera doesn't fall at 3:something. Ignore that). I use a Sony Action Cam stripped of the waterproof shell, and stuffed in a iron ore car. I can view the footage live from my camera on my phone, so I can drive while sitting in one corner of the room. Anyway, enjoy!
Fixed your link buddy. I will be posting my own POV as well. A slower run around the layout.

MrRail
White Creek Flat Car

Unread post by MrRail »

Yea, that broke didn't it. :P Anyway, I still have to upload the perspective from the back of a train. I have it recorded, just not uploaded.