Railroadfan.com 2019 Meet - Durand Saturday May 25th

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.

Please pick any dates you are able to come for a Durand meet this spring

Poll ended at Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:34 am

Saturday May 4th
18%
Sunday May 5th
20%
Saturday May 11th
20%
Saturday May 25th
25%
Sunday May 26th
16%

Total votes: 44

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Railroadfan.com 2019 Meet - Durand Saturday May 25th

Unread post by Garry K »

I am hoping to make it to the foamer gathering at Durand on May 25. I'm hoping to bring my sweetie and perhaps two or three "tweens." One of those tweens is a definite future foamer.

Will folks be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs like in the past?

Garry K

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

I'll be bringing a few burgers, brats, & hot dogs and a few chips & crackers. I'll bring some hardwood lumps of coal too. Not sure what the grill situation is at the station there but heard there might be some interest.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Thank you to everyone who came out to the meetup in Durand. I had an excellent time, and enjoyed hanging with you all. For those who attended, appreciate the time you all take to make preparations to leave that day open to hang out. We don't get to all see each other often enough, and it was good catching up. Attached is the group photo. Taken a bit after AARR and Mark Rummell headed out, but I think we got most of the group in this shot. I think there were a couple people from Michiganrailfans on Facebook that were around but not in the pic. Jukeman(dennis) was around as well. Who are the two gentleman on the left?
We see(starting back row left to right): gentleman1, gentleman2, Alan, SD80Mac, Colton, trnwatcher, jochs, Ruiz, SW, GreatLakesRailfan, rsinoms, BusterManning, ~Z~, tsinoms, brian fischer, jetlink, Garry K, Big O, wyrick, mqt1223. Bottom row: jetlink offspring, CAPT CAPS, Jeff L#1.
Attachments
peoplepics052b.jpg
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Nice picture gents
~Z~ wrote:Jukeman(dennis) was around as well. Who are the two gentleman on the left?
We see(starting back row left to right): gentleman1, gentleman2, Alan, SD80Mac, Colton, trnwatcher, jochs, Ruiz, SW, GreatLakesRailfan, rsinoms, BusterManning, ~Z~, tsinoms, brian fischer, jetlink, Garry K, Big O, wyrick, mqt1223. Bottom row: jetlink offspring, CAPT CAPS, Jeff L#1.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Sorry I missed it. L3L4 spine fusion on May 3. I debated going but in the end I was afraid I would be pretty miserable driving that far.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Hopefully you're healed soon raildudes dad.

I had penciled in coming but the little woman had other plans for me. Looks like everyone had a good time. Hopefully I can make the next one.