Containers at Port Huron

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Containers at Port Huron

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

I noticed on Google Maps that in the CN yard in Port Huron, there is a little container place with intermodal wells, some loaded, some empty, and a concrete area complete with containers and machinery to, presumably, load and unload intermodal wells. I was wondering if this is in fact an operating intermodal terminal and if it is still in operation? Seems kinda odd to have a tiny terminal in a small city not far away from a larger terminal inside a much larger city (Moterm, Detroit). Then again, I'm not a railroader so I shouldn't be one to talk. I just thought it was kinda interesting. It's not the first place I'd think of when it comes to intermodal operations.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Containers at Port Huron

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Customs checking some containers is all that is...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Buster Manning wrote:Customs checking some containers is all that is...
Ahh ok, that definitely makes more sense than a teeny tiny little terminal in a random location like PH. Thank you for confirming what it was!

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

It's not uncommon to see a 3-unit set of double stacked containers (or multiple car sets) sitting at the west end of the yard on my way to work in the morning, probably set out by 149 because Customs had a hold on one or more containers on that car.
~ Charles W.