ADBF Old Road Dinner trains

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

ADBF Old Road Dinner trains

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Just a couple questions about these trains. Anyone have any recommendations on these? Considering a date night maybe in the future. :D I saw some reviews online about the Charlotte train that were not so good, and said the train only moves about 1/4 mile back and forth during dinner, in other words, it doesn't go anywhere. Is this accurate? The ADBF website didn't seem to have any info on how far either the Charlotte or Blissfield trains moves during these events. Would appreciate any comments!

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Re: ADBF Old Road Dinner trains

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Take the drive to Blissfield, better equipment and you actually go somewhere albeit very slowly. I honestly do not know how the can keep the Charlotte Northern running other then car storage fees. Oh and the fact that the management at A&B gets to claim they run 5 railroads.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Re: ADBF Old Road Dinner trains

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

My Wife & I went on one a few weeks ago and had a really good time. Yes the pace of the trip is slow (when we were leaving Blissfield, there was a kid on a scooter racing us on a parallel street - and winning). On the night we went, they had one of the "murder mystery" plays, it was a bit silly but it did do a good job of passing the time. Overall I'd recommend it as a good "something different" date night. As for the length of the trip, they go from Blissfield up to the siding at Deerfield Road, run around the train and come back.