New? LSRC Customer

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

New? LSRC Customer

Unread post by AARR »

I'm not sure when Brinks started receiving nitrogen by rail at their By City Terminal but here's an article from LSRC's newsletter:
Brink Farms, Inc. — Brink Terminal Services was established in 1996 with the acquisition of a liquid fertilizer terminal in Muskegon, Michigan. In 2011 they expanded by leasing an out-of service liquid terminal on the Saginaw River at Port Fisher in Bay City, Michigan. It took a year to get the 4 three million
gallon tanks completely refurbished. A new shipping facility was built, and all of the old plumbing was replaced with new double walled piping to meet
the MDARD's environmental requirements to receive and ship product out. The Bay City Terminal has served the need of a shortage in liquid fertilizer storage for the Saginaw Valley which services the thumb and central Michigan farms as well as fertilizer retail centers. Koch Nitrogen and Crop Production Services are the primary tenants and have been great partners. The facility is able to receive product by rail, vessel, and truck. In the last year, they have received 3 seventy five car unit trains. This has been accomplished with the partnership with Lake State and their around-the-clock service to switch railcars as necessary to get these trains unloaded in a timely manner. So far, we have been able to unload the unit trains in less than 48 hours thanks to the great service Lake State Railway has provided. The product being stored eventually gets shipped out by truck and ends up at retail distributors for farmers to buy, or it gets shipped directly to farms in Michigan. Port Fisher is owned by Fisher companies and is adjacent to their Bay Aggregate Dock in Bay City as well. Port has over 4,000 feet of track and lots of opportunities for logistical development.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: New? LSRC Customer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

AARR wrote:In the last year, they have received 3 seventy five car unit trains.
Wow, I didn't realize they've been running unit trains! I'm assuming these are coming up CSX for interchange with Flint. Interesting, and always good to see new business.
Last edited by atrainguy60 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The newsletter said they shipped 1,258 carloads of transload business in 2016 including aggregate, hardboard, liquid feed, paneling, plastic pellets (from their new transload location in Standish), and other stuff.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC »

"I feel like an old railroad man
...and I know I can walk along the tracks,
It may take a little longer but I'll know
how to find my way back"