LSRC SD70's?

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

LSRC SD70's?

Unread post by AARR »

Hey guys, take a look at this picture (it's sweet!). Anyway, there a few SD70's in the mix. Is LSRC leasing SD70's?

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/612890
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: LSRC SD70's?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:Hey guys, take a look at this picture (it's sweet!). Anyway, there a few SD70's in the mix. Is LSRC leasing SD70's?

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/612890
According to the photo's description, the three SD70M-2s in the mix there are leased but not yet in service.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

As far as I know they are stored for CITX along with some GP20Ds. They arrived some time in 2016.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Unread post by Evan »

The M-2s do have a lease signed on them. I still find it odd though, they're using the SD70M-2s while they have multiple engines in storage.
Also, all of the GP20Ds are gone.

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

SD80MAC wrote:As far as I know they are stored for CITX along with some GP20Ds. They arrived some time in 2016.
FWIW, 8/2/2016.

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

Im seeing posts of the bluebirds on HESR, and hearing rumors they're enroute to FEC. Can anybody confirm?
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Dragging this post up because as of today all 3 CITX SD70M-2s have been interchanged to the HESR, presumably heading to the CN at Durand for shipment to new leaser/owner.

Waddy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Waddy »

You beat me to it. Just watched a clip on FB of the three leasers making their way to Durand. Anyone know if the LSRC will be replacing them with something? Seems like they will need the extra power in the next year or so.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Waddy wrote:You beat me to it. Just watched a clip on FB of the three leasers making their way to Durand. Anyone know if the LSRC will be replacing them with something? Seems like they will need the extra power in the next year or so.
AFAIK they were never actually leased by LSRC, just stored for CIT like the GP20Ds were. They did use one of the SD70s briefly last year, but they were found to be in very bad shape after years of being abused on the Florida East Coast and in lease service. I think LSRC is in pretty good shape for whatever new traffic comes their way with their current fleet of SD40s and Geeps.

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Unread post by Evan »

SD80MAC wrote:
Waddy wrote:You beat me to it. Just watched a clip on FB of the three leasers making their way to Durand. Anyone know if the LSRC will be replacing them with something? Seems like they will need the extra power in the next year or so.
AFAIK they were never actually leased by LSRC, just stored for CIT like the GP20Ds were. They did use one of the SD70s briefly last year, but they were found to be in very bad shape after years of being abused on the Florida East Coast and in lease service. I think LSRC is in pretty good shape for whatever new traffic comes their way with their current fleet of SD40s and Geeps.
They used 2 of them, and yes, they are all in need of pretty major work. LSRC used them to fill the void when the SD40-2s were up north. They are all on lease to the CN Currently.