Railroadfan Spring Meet 2017 - Rochelle IL 6/24-6/25

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Railroadfan Spring Meet 2017 - Rochelle IL 6/24-6/25

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Great meet, nice change of scenery from Deshler. Definitely a spot I wouldn't mind doing again someday, and proves the Illinois meets, excepting Chicagoland traffic and toll roads, are perfectly doable and acceptable. Perhaps Galesburg could be on the list in the future?

I also appreciated the variety of both UP and BNSF...limitation of Deshler is of course all CSX all the time...

Of course the people make the meet. Thanks guys!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

PyrodronProd
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PyrodronProd »

Had a great time in Rochelle as well! It was great meeting everyone that participated in the meet and made a great first impression. It was fun seeing something other than CSX for once but even then, we couldn't avoid it.

I'll pretty much agree with Saturn on the driving and the toll booth, but it was well worth it! First time seeing SP, UP Heritage, AND a Warbonnet. Still wish they'd get rid of those code poles, then it would be perfect!

I had a great time meeting everyone and I can't wait for next year! If anyone wants to stay in touch, you can look me up on Facebook (Kyle Dick - Ravenna, MI), check my YouTube channel, etc. If there's a site where everyone's dumping their pictures, let me know, and I'd be happy to submit some.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Definitely a fun time for sure. Lots of firsts for me. Seemed like train totals were lower then what I expected, but still fun to attend.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)