New Years Day Tour

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

New Years Day Tour

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

I took a ride around GR today to see what has been happening. I hadn't been out much since spine surgery #3 on Dec 1st - 3rd since last Dec 4th.

Took a look at Hughart yard. They are adding 2 tracks with a north facing switch under the Hall St overpass. I saw evidence of some water-main construction which could indicate a flammable liquid transload. Hughart is about 2/3rds empty. Lots of storage cars have left.

West Side Iron & Metal as a new location in the old Woodland International truck dealer at Hall & Buchanan. No rail service. Padnos has taken over their old location. On a side note, Enterprise on Pannell is looking like it's being emptied out.

A company called MTWI, LLC has located in the old Reynolds Metal building on the Acme lead. They have a couple conveyors and are putting up a big pile of salt. The guy listed for MTWI ran Michigan Rail in MQT on Vinton off 7 Mile and the Mart St sand transload until Brinks took it over.

railroader and son
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New Years Day Tour

Unread post by railroader and son »

Is Michigan Rail on Vinton no longer in operation? Drove by there a while ago and looked like storage car's parked on the siding.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I heard they moved to Cadillac and are now serviced by GLC. Might have changed their name.
railroader and son wrote:Is Michigan Rail on Vinton no longer in operation? Drove by there a while ago and looked like storage car's parked on the siding.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Michigan Rail is closed. No more rail business to the Vinton property. The cars there are pool cars for the last customer there. The manager has moved to the Porter St operation.