FEC Consists

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

FEC Consists

Unread post by hoborich »

Here in Florida, the FEC seems to always run their locos elephant style. I have never seen locos back to back. Any ideas why they do this?
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Re: FEC Consists

Unread post by legostudios34 »

I've shot some locomotives on the FEC back to back before but it does seem to be a rare occurrence. They have turning facilities (wye at Bowden and a loop at Hialeah) at each end IIRC. I suspect that they do in case of an over the road failure - they can set out the lead locomotive and still not have to run long end forward over the rest of the line, and it's so flat they could likely limp in if they were down a locomotive.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It might because the GM's grandson likes to see engines run elephant style so he directs the crews to do so :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

:lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".