Railroads of the Upper Peninsula Map

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Railroads of the Upper Peninsula Map

Unread post by Saturnalia »

So I created this for my own use when trying to figure out all the crazy named places in the UP, but I've decided to unlock it and make it public for use primarily with my YouTube channel, but also here.

So this is certainly a work in progress, but this Google Map will grow to cover all of the UP in time. I've marked all the lines with ownership and trackage rights, and I've plotted most of the named points of interest, such as all those crazy junctions around Marquette.

So feel free to poke around, it'd probably be a significant help if you're trying to figure out railfanning in dah UP, eh?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GeSrF ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Saturnalia on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Railroad of the Upper Peninsula Map

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks Saturn :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Railroads of the Upper Peninsula Map

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Bump bump

Finished outlining all of the track in dah UP, including the Dolomite Quarry RR and the Toonerville Trolley. Haven't added in all of the named points for some of the fresher sections just yet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GeSrF ... sp=sharing

Considering, at this point, adding the Lower Peninsula so as to have one huge statewide interactive map with a level of detail never attempted before. As many are aware, I was for a time hugely into drawing out maps by hand, but it has become increasingly obvious that a fully digital platform is more effective in today's era. Since Google makes it easy to add any number of points and lines, along with highlighting areas, and their imagery continues to improve, there really isn't a need for detailed sketches anymore.

So that having been said, I might continue on with the LP.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Railroads of the Upper Peninsula Map

Unread post by AARR »

Looks good, Saturn.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...