Rail fanning the NS

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
cbtrower
Railroadfan...fan

Rail fanning the NS

Unread post by cbtrower »

I will be going on a railfanning trip somewhere in three weeks. I planned on going to Elkhart, but are their any other busy locations? My debate was between Berea Ohio, and Elkhart, IN. My main goal is catching a heritage unit, I haven't seen one in forever :cry: Thank you!

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Re: Rail fanning the NS

Unread post by Jetlink »

I've never been to Elkhart to railfan (because I'm not a railfan), but I have sat at Berea a few hours while having some lunch with some co workers when I was based in Cleveland. During the couple of hours we were there eating and drinking I noticed it was non stop trains on the two lines the entire time (because I'm interested in trains). I would definitely say it was a hot spot. At least at the time it was. This was probably 10-12 years ago. Things may be a little different now. Not sure.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Berea as far as volume. Much friendlier place for rail fans and 5 trains/hour round the clock. I've never averaged less.
Brett

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Berea would be better probably :)

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

+3 to Berea. Friend was there today. Saw 23 CSX & 17 NS in a little bit over 8 hours.