unknown train symbol ont the Toledo Branch

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Toppysager
Railroadfan...fan

unknown train symbol ont the Toledo Branch

Unread post by Toppysager »

Recently I have been well acquainted with CSX train symbols--specifically on the Toledo Branch Subdivision, but Friday I saw a train for which I have no information. I do not have a scanner, so I did not have a real way of learning this information easily. Anyways, around 7pm on Friday 9/23 I saw the clear signal light up at QT33 on the Branch. I was completely dumbfounded on what the train could be, assuming it was probably just a late Q218 or possibly a late return of the local. An hour later, it finally came through. UP SD70AH #7439 led a 75-car empty rack train straight through the diamond at Galatea. The only auto rack that I knew of running the Branch is the '3 a week' SB Q257 (which this train clearly was not). My guess is that it is some unscheduled extra movement from Honda in Marysville, but having never heard of a rack train run North on the Toledo Branch, so I am totally clueless as to its symbol. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!
I'll take a hotstot intermodal over a manifest any day

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: unknown train symbol ont the Toledo Branch

Unread post by DT&I »

Q256
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Toppysager
Railroadfan...fan

Re: unknown train symbol ont the Toledo Branch

Unread post by Toppysager »

DT&I wrote:Q256
Didn't realize they had a return train for Q257. Thanks!
I'll take a hotstot intermodal over a manifest any day