Different take on Streaming scanner

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Re: Different take on Streaming scanner

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

Tower owner needed new main lines pulled to the breaker panel that feeds the super scanner and ATCS. As of 2039, the super scanner is back online, but atcs will remain down until I can get up to the hill and hit the power button on the front of the PC. Cheers all.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

amtrak1007 wrote:Tower owner needed new main lines pulled to the breaker panel that feeds the super scanner and ATCS. As of 2039, the super scanner is back online, but atcs will remain down until I can get up to the hill and hit the power button on the front of the PC. Cheers all.
Thanks for the update. Noticed the ATCS was down.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

amtrak1007

ATCS is back online. I was able to make it down there before my show. Getting out of the site was well interesting to say the least, but the dirty job is done.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

You able to turn on some "wake on LAN" or something along those lines so you don't have to drive out there?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

amtrak1007

I need to either spend about 2 hrs up there and reconfig the BIOS to boot on power restore, change the batteries in the UPS's that are donated to the site or swap that maching for a new server and put that one on the UPS... Time is the issue. Also right now snow. Just about left my vehicle up there today with all the snow. Getting up the hill form the bunker to go down was problematic.

amtrak1007

so over the last month i've jumped onto trainman5.com. it's an HTML derivative of atcsmon. Requires signup through the atcs group, but instead of needing to use a windows machine to run atcs, it does it through the web. Since the forum won't allow me to attach a .weblay file, PM me for the current version of my territory for the website in case anyone is interested in running it for themselves.

amtrak1007

Added an MCP radio so that we now get Indications from EE and WE Lake Odessa. So those should start filtering in. Also I think I may have done some inverse work on the Audio feeds. Will attempt to suss this out tomorrow if I can make it down to the hill. Installed the MCP radio in a bit of a rush. Also of note at some point and time this late winter/spring, i'm going to be rearranging the radios and stuff inside the rack a the transmitter site, so all the feeds my be down for a few hours while this gets done.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

amtrak1007 wrote:Added an MCP radio so that we now get Indications from EE and WE Lake Odessa. So those should start filtering in. Also I think I may have done some inverse work on the Audio feeds. Will attempt to suss this out tomorrow if I can make it down to the hill. Installed the MCP radio in a bit of a rush. Also of note at some point and time this late winter/spring, i'm going to be rearranging the radios and stuff inside the rack a the transmitter site, so all the feeds my be down for a few hours while this gets done.

Awesome. Thanks for setting the Lake-O stuff up. It really benefits me out here. Look for another donation from me soon. Also drinks or dinner on me at the next meet or event we both show up at.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

amtrak1007

Might wanna hold off on that donation for a hot second. I'm going to be adding CN channels to the "shortlines" feed for a couple weeks so I can determine if there is enough reception to add a dedicated feed for CN.

I'm beginning to think that Seymour is now SAT only... I should be able to pick up signal indications from it with the new radio which is proving to be elusive.

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

amtrak1007 wrote: I'm beginning to think that Seymour is now SAT only... I should be able to pick up signal indications from it with the new radio which is proving to be elusive.
There has been a sat dish on the signal box for a year or so now.

amtrak1007

On my trip to the hill today to work on the Audio and ATCS feeds, I changed the scan list on the "shortlines" feed to include:
14 - CSX Dispatcher East
15 - GDKL, 22 - Marquette Rail,
28 - CN, 32 - CN
39 - Coopersville and Marne
45 - Wyoming Roundhouse
74 - CN
75 Grand Rapids Eastern
90 - CSX carmen
95 - GDLK

Added a preamp to the ATCS feeds to increase range. Not that we have that much on CSX up here... Will be adding preamp to Audio feeds when I can save enough to buy more RF cables.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

amtrak1007 wrote:On my trip to the hill today to work on the Audio and ATCS feeds, I changed the scan list on the "shortlines" feed to include:
14 - CSX Dispatcher East
15 - GDKL, 22 - Marquette Rail,
28 - CN, 32 - CN
39 - Coopersville and Marne
45 - Wyoming Roundhouse
74 - CN
75 Grand Rapids Eastern
90 - CSX carmen
95 - GDLK

Added a preamp to the ATCS feeds to increase range. Not that we have that much on CSX up here... Will be adding preamp to Audio feeds when I can save enough to buy more RF cables.
FYI, the audio feed for the road channel sounds great again, back to normal volume, so I wouldn't suggest changing around with preamps on the road channel audio feed at least. Listening to the archive, sounds like you were fixing around 3pm today and was better right afterwards.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

amtrak1007

updated the atcs map. Found an advanced approach block I had missed until now. Seymour still has its atcs antennas hooked up (externally at least). I'm hoping to bring my scanner down there this week and see if I can't determine once and for all if this control point has gone deaf. If it's still online, i'll have to add another recieve site closer to put this control point on the map.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

amtrak1007 wrote:I'm hoping to bring my scanner down there this week and see if I can't determine once and for all if this control point has gone deaf.
Not able to talk = mute
Not able to hear = deaf

:lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

amtrak1007

Looks like we had a lightning strike on the tower this AM. Shortlines feed needed a reboot. BCP feed for ATCS is unresponsive... Which will require a visit to the site....

amtrak1007

Update on Possible CN feed. Heard clear as day GDLK ask for a NB at Schoolcraft a few moments ago. That being said, if donations happen sooner than my ability to save up the cash for the two radios, splitter, iMic and pi. It could go online before summer. :D

amtrak1007

Breaker changed at the tower site today. All feeds and atcs have been restored at this time.

amtrak1007

I think the super scanner suffered a USB failure. Swapping for a backup pi. Earliest restoration of service, will be after 11pm Monday April 30.

amtrak1007

Super Scanner is up... ~ish... back end issues making it not as happy as i'd like it, but it's streaming for the moment.

15:30 Edit. Updated firmware and tested reboot. Looks promising, back to your regularly scheduled lives.

amtrak1007

Fixed the audio patch issues. So Road is on road DS is on DS and short lines are in their assigned feed.