GLC - MIGN Anniversary Trip

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

GLC - MIGN Anniversary Trip

Unread post by AARR »

From Alex Huff
It is my understanding in talking with the Steam Railroading Institute that four coaches and the power car will make up the train.

One car will be reserved for MIGN family & friends, 180 tickets will be sold to the general public for the other three coaches. Cadillac Visitors Bureau will sell the tickets to the general public and should have the ticket stock in hand as of 4/18. GLC has elected to operate with a unit on either end. The train will back-up from the lakefront to clear the switch to the connection track, aka the Cadillac Belt, then pull forward to the GR&I line. GLC has been asked to turn the train on the Walton Junction wye so passengers will ride facing forward both ways and be able to see both sides of the right of way without changing seats. Ticket sales are restricted to less than maximum capacity so that families can more easily sit together.

Boarding will be near the Ann Arbor passenger depot. The depot houses the After 26 restaurant which will be closed at 11 am and become a meeting place for MIGN alumni and families. Standard at reunions will be adhesive name tags with LARGE print for us old folks!

Departure is set for 2:00 PM, arrival back in Cadillac at 4:30 pm.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...