CN Holly Sub Customers and Trains 2015

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

CN Holly Sub Customers and Trains 2015

Unread post by Racer »

Does anyone have a current listing (as of 2015) of what customers CN has on the entire Holly Sub including the Ponitac Belt to Lake Orion? Supposedly there was that lumber customer coming to Waterford, but could not confirm it. Also, what trains currently run on the Holly Sub regardless if they are regular or not (locals and yard jobs, too)? Is Pontiac Yard still open?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: CN Holly Sub Customers and Trains 2015

Unread post by AARR »

GTW6401 knows them all but I'll take a guess:
Sterling Chemical & Oil
Warehouse - inbound aluminum ingots
American Plywood
MacDermaid
Small plywood company
Royal Oak Recycling
Inland Plywood
TrailerTrain
Landscaping Stone company

Beltline:
Lumber transload (Church's?)
Ferrous Metals
Does anything ship from the GM complex on the old PollyAnn?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Red Lava is the landscaping place Don mentioned. It is at Airport Rd, and is the last customer before Durand.

I thought the aluminum warehouse was on the Mt. Clemens sub.
Norm

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

There are quite a few warehouses in the Detroit area that receive aluminum ingots. The Mt. Clemens Sub has three. CSX has (had?) one in Plymouth. I think NS has one. If GTW6401 checks in he'll know where they are.
Norm wrote:I thought the aluminum warehouse was on the Mt. Clemens sub.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

If GTW6401 checks in he'll know where they are.
First off, please don't assume I'm comfortable answering all these questions. I will be more likely to send the OP a quick email instead of rattling off a bunch of information all over the internet.

Metro international has around 30 warehouses in Metropolitan Detroit according to a newspaper article I found from when the company was sold by Goldman Sachs in January.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

GTW6401 wrote:
If GTW6401 checks in he'll know where they are.
First off, please don't assume I'm comfortable answering all these questions. I will be more likely to send the OP a quick email instead of rattling off a bunch of information all over the internet.

Metro international has around 30 warehouses in Metropolitan Detroit according to a newspaper article I found from when the company was sold by Goldman Sachs in January.
What the heck is the point of this forum, then?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

AARR wrote:GTW6401 knows them all but I'll take a guess:
Sterling Chemical & Oil
Warehouse - inbound aluminum ingots
American Plywood
MacDermaid
Small plywood company
Royal Oak Recycling
Inland Plywood
TrailerTrain
Landscaping Stone company

Beltline:
Lumber transload (Church's?)
Ferrous Metals
Does anything ship from the GM complex on the old PollyAnn?
The Aluminum Warehouse in Highland Park is Metro. American Plywood is All American Plywood. MacDermaid in Ferndale is/was also know as Gage. The Small Plywood Co at Hilton is Bond Plywood. On the Pontiac Beltline, the GM Parts Plant at Columbia Ave is the only GM Plant that still ships by rail.

950 switches the Holly Sub Pontiac to East Yard. At East Yard, they switch the Conrail and DCON Interchange.

515 is the Pontiac to South end of Mt Clemens Sub local at Nolan. Sometimes will pick up a car at an industry on the return trip to Pontiac if need be. On Sundays when 950 is not working, 515 will switch any industries if there are cars for them.

514 is the Pontiac - Flint Transfer which runs at night.

513 is the Pontiac Night Job that switches the yard and any industries around Pontiac.

533 runs Intermodal in Afternoon Port Huron to Moterm and back.

Through Trains

SB
116, Mixed Freight to Flat Rock. Mixed Freight. Usually has intermodal for Moterm.
502, Battle Creek to Lang Yard. Mixed Freight.

NB
391, Flat Rock to ?? Works Pontiac Yard. Mixed Freight.
451, Flat Rock to ??. Mixed Freight.

As Needed

280, empty autorack to Flat Rock from BNSF.
766/767 Consumers Coal Trains to Whiting.
348, Mixed Freight
118, Intermodal To Moterm if too heavy for 116.
119, Runs Intermodal north from Moterm if too heavy for 533.
Last edited by ConrailDetr​oit on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

You're not comfortable posting answers to questions...you have over 6000 posts and there all not in the update section :lol: :lol: :lol:
GTW6401 wrote:First off, please don't assume I'm comfortable answering all these questions. I will be more likely to send the OP a quick email instead of rattling off a bunch of information all over the internet.

florida581
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by florida581 »

milineamtrak wrote:
Through Trains

SB
116, Mixed Freight to Flat Rock. Mixed Freight. Usually has intermodal for Moterm.
502, Battle Creek to Lang Yard. Mixed Freight.

NB
391, Flat Rock to ?? Works Pontiac Yard. Mixed Freight.
451, Flat Rock to ??. Mixed Freight.

As Needed

280, empty autorack to Flat Rock from BNSF.
766/767 Consumers Coal Trains to Whiting.
348, Mixed Freight
118, Intermodal To Moterm if too heavy for 116.
119, Runs Intermodal north from Moterm if too heavy for 533.
391 should terminate at Gary, IN (Kirk Yard) and 451 should terminate at IHB's Gibson Yard. I believe there is also a 371 that runs between Flat Rock and the UP interchange at Kinmundy (Salem), IL.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

451 and 371 have changed symbols a few times over the last few years. Last I knew it was 451.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

Are there any autorack trains that still run on the Holly Sub?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

451 is the train you'll probably find the most loaded racks out of Detroit, 119 may have racks on them too..Who knows. 116, E280 and maybe E260 bring empty racks too the Detroit area.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think one of the trains Redside mentioned is a Flint to Pontiac Turn that usually has empty racks on it
redside20 wrote:451 is the train you'll probably find the most loaded racks out of Detroit, 119 may have racks on them too..Who knows. 116, E280 and maybe E260 bring empty racks too the Detroit area.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unit Autoracks would be 280. 451 is mostly Autoracks now with mixed freight.

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Unread post by Evan »

milineamtrak wrote:Unit Autoracks would be 280. 451 is mostly Autoracks now with mixed freight.
E28091, E27091, E26091 Are the unit rack trains. They have run as other symbols in the past as well.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Just the other day somebody reported an X382 on the Canadian Side with all racks on one of the fb websites

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Although most of the Detroit warehouses that received aluminum ingots have closed up in the last year the one on the Holly Sub in Detroit has a long string of box cars on their spur lead.