New Customers on CSX Detroit Sub

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

New Customers on CSX Detroit Sub

Unread post by AARR »

Looks like CSX has a new customer or two on its Detroit Sub. There's Home Acres next to Valassis that had a refurbished spur with three center beams on it today. And on Stark Road Great Lakes Recycling moved into the old Erb Lumber place. There's two spurs into there but I don't know if they're still connected of f GLR will use rail service at this location (they use CN at their other location).
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Re: New Customers on CSX Detroit Sub

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Home Acres! Thanks for the name of that new business. Not sure there will be yet, although Guthrie and South-Win/RainX seem to be getting cars. Also, not much moving around Middlebelt Yard, been a really nice ex-SBD 86' with all it's SBD markings sitting here for the past few weeks.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Re: New Customers on CSX Detroit Sub

Unread post by Racer »

Some of the 86ft boxcars on Middlebelt Yard are being offloaded of auto frames and racking shelves. D738 has been often setting out 2-3 cars whenever they receive them in North Yard. Forklifts can be seen unloading the cars during business hours.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."