Railfanning Plymouth

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Railfanning Plymouth

Unread post by Racer »

Now that CSX has their 28-hour schedule effecting all their mixed freights, what are the best days of the week to be in Plymouth to catch most of them during the daylight in a relatively short period of time? Has anyone tried calculating all of the call times where one or two days a week are busier in Plymouth than it actually is?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

JStryker722
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Railfanning Plymouth

Unread post by JStryker722 »

Racer wrote:Now that CSX has their 28-hour schedule effecting all their mixed freights, what are the best days of the week to be in Plymouth to catch most of them during the daylight in a relatively short period of time? Has anyone tried calculating all of the call times where one or two days a week are busier in Plymouth than it actually is?
Other than the Yard/Local jobs in Plymouth,every time Im there,there is no real " busy " time,just that anytime during the afternoon is good for a random train.Wasnt successful at seeing a timing pattern,but I figure Thurs-Friday-Saturday are the typical busy days like any other Class 1
My Wife says my first love is trains..anint that the truth! Lol :D

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

The 28-hour schedule, in practice, is basically a guideline. Trains still run based on crew availability and train readiness. It is usually close but sometimes isn't. Add in all the other factors and I don't think such a calculation is truly possible. Plus, aren't only two pairs running this schedule? 334/335, 321/322?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I believe 399 and 392 are on the schedule as well.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

SD80MAC wrote:I believe 399 and 392 are on the schedule as well.
They have been running through here at different times throughout the week so I'd assume so.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."