King Milling 6/5/15

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

King Milling 6/5/15

Unread post by AARR »

There were quite a few covered hoppers around King Milling on 6/5/15.

There was nothing in the loading docks.

There were a pair of covered hoppers parked over the unloading pit next to the storage silo farm .

Their crummy was pulling a string of covered hoppers along the side of the production plant (what would be the mainline) and it looked like they were unloading.

Another string of covered hoppers were staged at the west end of town.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: King Milling 6/5/15

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

AARR wrote:Their crummy was pulling a string of covered hoppers along the side of the production plant (what would be the mainline) and it looked like they were unloading.
I thought a 'crummy' was a caboose. Since when does a caboose pull cars? :?
~ Charles W.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
AARR wrote:Their crummy was pulling a string of covered hoppers along the side of the production plant (what would be the mainline) and it looked like they were unloading.
I think he is talking about their trackmobile. GRE only delivers the cuts...a King crew spots the cars and shuffles them in town.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Yes, it's a track mobile. Thanks, MQT.
MQT3001 wrote:
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
I think he is talking about their trackmobile. GRE only delivers the cuts...a King crew spots the cars and shuffles them in town.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...