AA - New Paint

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

AA - New Paint

Unread post by cfriedri »

AA 2370 has been stripped of all decals and is in the process of being prepared for painting. Not exactly sure on what scheme it will be painted into but word is that it will be the Watco black and yellow livery and that it will also receive a new road number. There is also talk that 7802 will be receiving a new coat of orange although I'm curious to know as to what sort of logos will be applied considering that the "Ferry in the Fog" is obsolete.
Connor

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: AA - New Paint

Unread post by Ypsi »

Maybe the modern-ish "Michigan in the fog" will appear on the 2370.. That would be nice, 2370 does need a paint job so whatever it does come out as will be an improvement. That being said I do hope the other yellow helps follow suit so they can all match nicely, or at least the 39-2's (1337 is a long term lease iirc)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

Ann Arbor owns all their power outright, they got 1337 by trading in 7771/7791. Also, if a logo is used it'll be the new one and not "Michigan in the Fog"

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I had heard rumor from inside Watco awhile back that the AA would be getting a makeover and that "heritage" would be kept in mind. Could have just been talk, or could actually be coming to fruition... We'll see.
Bottom text.

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

Y@ wrote:I had heard rumor from inside Watco awhile back that the AA would be getting a makeover and that "heritage" would be kept in mind. Could have just been talk, or could actually be coming to fruition... We'll see.
Bring on the Blue/White/Grey scheme! (Not gonna happen) :(

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

If the 7802 is receiving new paint I'm assuming that means it is in good enough shape that they intend to keep it around for a few more years? Because why make the investment if it isn't for the long haul. All the reports I've ever heard over the years suggest 7802 is on its last legs.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

ConrailMan5 wrote:If the 7802 is receiving new paint I'm assuming that means it is in good enough shape that they intend to keep it around for a few more years? Because why make the investment if it isn't for the long haul. All the reports I've ever heard over the years suggest 7802 is on its last legs.
According to the railroad's mechanical personnel, 7802 is in rather good shape mechanically - it's the exterior that's suffering hence the reason that it's being painted. On a side note, 7802 has began the process of being stripped and 2370 is receiving final touches in the shop.
Connor

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Scuttlebutt is that 7802 will be repainted into the same orange Annie scheme that it was in, a "heritage unit" of sorts.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Looks like 7802 there is showing off her CR heritage, you can see the blue and orange behind the 2370. I hope for the Fog scheme as they never wore the GP35 Block lettering.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Personally I do not mind the WATCO look, but I do hope the other geeps follow suit so they have some nice matching locomotives. Obviously 1337, 2373, and 2368 are not in as much need of paint as the former 2370 was, but still one day a matched set would be nice. I also am hoping that 7802 comes north after this repaint, although it's a long shot it would be nice to see the unit escape Toledo and bring some orange back into Michigan.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Did not see this was posted here before I posted in the Michigan Forum...
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Ypsi wrote:bring some orange back into Michigan
7802 still makes it to Michigan occasionally when they run to Temperance. :lol: Just doesn't get further north than that.
Connor

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

cfriedri wrote:
7802 still makes it to Michigan occasionally when they run to Temperance. :lol: Just doesn't get further north than that.
It went to Milan once a while back.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

What's in Temperance? There used to be a tire warehouse and building supply yard just north of the MI/OH border but I am not aware of any customers until Dundee currently.
cfriedri wrote:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

AARR wrote:What's in Temperance? There used to be a tire warehouse and building supply yard just north of the MI/OH border but I am not aware of any customers until Dundee currently.
cfriedri wrote:
To be correct, there's a siding north of Samaria they run too which is for storage sometimes.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks, iKJ. AA and CN will occasionally interchange cars in Samaria when Ottawa Yard is jammed.
iKJames wrote:What's in Temperance? There used to be a tire warehouse and building supply yard just north of the MI/OH border but I am not aware of any customers until Dundee currently.
To be correct, there's a siding north of Samaria they run too which is for storage sometimes.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Shield logo is on and looks good. Right now the former 2370 is sitting second out in what appears to be a road power set.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Would they do setup the logo style designs for put on GP-39? (Wolverine with AA/TOL) or what?
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

OwlCaboose2853 wrote:Would they do setup the logo style designs for put on GP-39? (Wolverine with AA/TOL) or what?
¿que?
-Kurt Vonnegut