AA - New Paint

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: AA - New Paint

Unread post by Ypsi »

ConrailMan5 wrote:
OwlCaboose2853 wrote:Would they do setup the logo style designs for put on GP-39? (Wolverine with AA/TOL) or what?
¿que?
He's asking what logo, they applied the sheild logo, our own MDH posted some of his shots on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mdharding ... ateposted/
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

Ypsi wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote:
OwlCaboose2853 wrote:Would they do setup the logo style designs for put on GP-39? (Wolverine with AA/TOL) or what?

¿que?

He's asking what logo, they applied the sheild logo, our own MDH posted some of his shots on Flickr

:D That's not bad! I prefer the old logo better though! I believe #7802 will be "Restored" soon!!!!
:mrgreen:
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Ypsi wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote:
¿que?

Look not bad and cool! 8)

Thanks to Ypsi!
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

TrainWatcher wrote:Looks like 7802 there is showing off her CR heritage, you can see the blue and orange behind the 2370. I hope for the Fog scheme as they never wore the GP35 Block lettering.
The block lettering paint scheme you are referring to is the scheme before the DT&I "Compass" paint scheme correct? I am a fan of that scheme, however I don't think that any of these units wore the Wabash-inspired "Bluebird" paint that the Alco's got due to the AA being under control of the DT&I. That paint would look good in my opinion with the lines of the GP35's or 38's, but like he said probably not gonna happen. I wish GLC would do an Ann Arbor themed unit on one of the 35's to honor the AA since the majority of their mainline is former Ann Arbor. Nothing against the GLC paint scheme though. :D
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

MQT1223 wrote:
TrainWatcher wrote:Looks like 7802 there is showing off her CR heritage, you can see the blue and orange behind the 2370. I hope for the Fog scheme as they never wore the GP35 Block lettering.
The block lettering paint scheme you are referring to is the scheme before the DT&I "Compass" paint scheme correct?
The block lettering scheme and DT&I "Compass" scheme are one in the same. All of the GP35s were delivered in this livery.
Connor

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

Sorry, folks, but the new mostly black Annie paint job is UGLY! I'm never going to repaint any of my HO scale Ann Arbor equipment in that scheme!

GaRRy K

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Garry K wrote:I'm never going to repaint any of my HO scale Ann Arbor equipment in that scheme!
OK
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Garry K wrote:Sorry, folks, but the new mostly black Annie paint job is UGLY! I'm never going to repaint any of my HO scale Ann Arbor equipment in that scheme!

GaRRy K
Better then the UP scheme they wore.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

MQT1223 wrote:
Garry K wrote:Sorry, folks, but the new mostly black Annie paint job is UGLY! I'm never going to repaint any of my HO scale Ann Arbor equipment in that scheme!

GaRRy K
Better then the UP scheme they wore.
Haha that's debatable. :lol: I for one wish they had repainted 2370 into the better looking version of the UP scheme (2373/2368 style). But then again I spend nine months out of the year on the Overland Route so I might have a little soft spot for the UP...
Connor

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

MQT1223 wrote:Better then the UP scheme they wore.
This I agree with, then again I'm a big fan of the modern AA.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

7802 will be coming out of the booth as WAMX 3879 in orange Ann Arbor paint. Ferry in the fog or whatever scheme.
Last edited by Y@ on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bottom text.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Y@ wrote:7802 will be coming out of the booth as WAMX 3879 in orange Ann Arbor paint. Ferry in the fog scheme.
Huh, that's a funny looking Ferry Y@. Kinda looks like the state of Michigan to me....

Image courtesy of A. Adams

Now per some AA guys she's marked for Yard Service ONLY. Also, Watco is leasing GLC 399 for a bit as well.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

I thought all recently shopped units needed a full frame stripe? Correct me if I am wrong.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Just going off what I was told.
Bottom text.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

I'm hoping while AA is in the power crunch (a couple SB facing units are down from what I've heard) that that unit makes one trip north. Would be nice to see orange in the city of Ann Arbor again.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

Ypsi wrote:I'm hoping while AA is in the power crunch (a couple SB facing units are down from what I've heard) that that unit makes one trip north. Would be nice to see orange in the city of Ann Arbor again.
Already asked, and it's not going to happen.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Who would've thought, an Ann Arbor heritage unit. GLC should do this with one of the Geep 35's.

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

MQT1223 wrote:Who would've thought, an Ann Arbor heritage unit. GLC should do this with one of the Geep 35's.
Necer gonna happen, unless they work out a deal with Watco.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The relationship between GLC and AA/Watco is a more cordial than when AA was independently owned.
iKJames wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Who would've thought, an Ann Arbor heritage unit. GLC should do this with one of the Geep 35's.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

AARR wrote:The relationship between GLC and AA/Watco is a more cordial than when AA was independently owned.
iKJames wrote:
Why does it have to be a deal with Watco because of the name?