NS - New CEO on the way

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

NS - New CEO on the way

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Looks like NS is about to go through a regime change!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/norfolk-sou ... 1425307668

I bet the Heritaj fleet is in horse head by September :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: NS - New CEO on the way

Unread post by Ypsi »

grrr.. Subscriber only link. I get the first handful of sentences and such. But according to the NS corp email Wick is stepping down, but keeping his seat on the board of directors.. The HURITAGE shouldn't go away but maybe it will slow down to a point where we aren't reverting every unit to an old paint scheme :lol:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:grrr.. Subscriber only link. I get the first handful of sentences and such. But according to the NS corp email Wick is stepping down, but keeping his seat on the board of directors.. The HURITAGE shouldn't go away but maybe it will slow down to a point where we aren't reverting every unit to an old paint scheme :lol:
The exact wording is executive chairman of the board, and the regime change is set to take place June 1.
James A. Squires is to be his successor
As far as heritage goes Alex, why waste $10-20 grand per unit to repaint them well before the life if the paint is up?
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

...you didn't think I was serious about the huritaj, right? :roll:

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

MQT3001 wrote:...you didn't think I was serious about the huritaj, right? :roll:
Ya know sarcasm gets missed late at night when you are tired. My bad Alex.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

A good paint job on a SD40 is around 30 Grand. I'd imagine on a bigger EMD or GE it would be upwards of 40. Maybe even more seems like NS has a top notch paint shop and painters.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Heres a link for those of us whom are not Wall Street Journal Subscribers
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/norfolk-s ... 05779.html

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Heres a link for those of us whom are not Wall Street Journal Subscribers
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/norfolk-s ... 05779.html

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CAT345C wrote:A good paint job on a SD40 is around 30 Grand. I'd imagine on a bigger EMD or GE it would be upwards of 40. Maybe even more seems like NS has a top notch paint shop and painters.
darn! I wouldn't have guessed that high. I thought around $15000-$20000.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

according to a trains article a couple years ago, a quality paint job on an F40PH cost about $20,000 (or in that neighborhood), that's 3 stripes of different colors on an Amtrak base (AMT commuter scheme on an F40PH was what the article talked about http://www.canadianrailwayobservations. ... pt2139.jpg)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:according to a trains article a couple years ago, a quality paint job on an F40PH cost about $20,000 (or in that neighborhood), that's 3 stripes of different colors on an Amtrak base (AMT commuter scheme on an F40PH was what the article talked about http://www.canadianrailwayobservations. ... pt2139.jpg)
I was trying to remember what that article said and I thought it was $17000 but you may be correct cause my brain misremembers things sometimes :oops: :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

$17,000 is in the neighborhood of $20,000 AARR, I would call that a close enough estimate for either of us :lol: as for the "trick pony" paint schemes, I would wager that they are on the higher end, but likely no more then $40,000 at tops (although I could be wrong)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:$17,000 is in the neighborhood of $20,000 AARR, I would call that a close enough estimate for either of us :lol: as for the "trick pony" paint schemes, I would wager that they are on the higher end, but likely no more then $40,000 at tops (although I could be wrong)
You are right, Ypsi. It's close enough. In business a number is usually within 10% before we say it's "In the ballpark" but for railroading 15% is close enough. Of course the Federal government misses by 100% and still claim they were close enough.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

If the govt says they're going to build a bridge and instead the money ends up as earmarked grants for their favorite donors, that's "close enough" :roll: