NARCOA speeder excursions in MI and IN

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
59caddy
bag of holding

NARCOA speeder excursions in MI and IN

Unread post by 59caddy »

I just found this pdf of excursions being put up by the North American Railcar Operators' Association on the Great Lakes Central and Indiana Northeastern. Here it is: http://www.narcoa.org/excursions/info/2 ... ements.pdf

Apparently, if I'm understanding this correctly, if you own an old MOW vehicle, you can take it to excursions being done all over the country by this group and ride the rails. Anybody else know more about this?

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: NARCOA speeder excursions in MI and IN

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Yes, if you join NARCOA and pay the fees, and have your Speeder/Motor Car certified to meet NARCOA standards, you can attend their meets.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

cr6903
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cr6903 »

If you take a look at Narcoa's website, it should have just about all the answers for any questions you may have.

While the majority of members have the older motorcars, some have Hyrails. I own an Expedition Hyrail that was retired from Norfolk Southern around 2003. I have it decorated as a Conrail vehicle and I use it for Narcoa trips. We will be Hyrailing a portion of the Reading and Northern in April.

The trips in Michigan and Indiana listed are Mike Ford runs. They are among some of the fastest selling out runs around, as he puts on a good, professional run.

I've been a Narcoa member for about 10 years.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

I saw a video on PBS a couple years ago on these guys and the motorcars. Was cool.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 12Bridge »

Speeders are fun for about 3 hours, then that jointed rail feel really gets to one...

Then there is when this happens as well.