I&O Flat Rock ops??

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
GP30M4216
Saver of all History

I&O Flat Rock ops??

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Anyone out there know what sort of operations the Indiana & Ohio runs up the Flat Rock Sub to Flat Rock yard? I know they were on a M-W-F schedule at one point a year or two ago. Curious to know if they might be coming up on Friday Dec. 28. Any help appreciated!

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Re: I&O Flat Rock ops??

Unread post by Loco_Engr »

I would assume they will be going to Flat Rock on Friday, unless there's cars for them to take up there at Delta already (in which case they would probably go Thursday). Power currently is the 4072, facing north.

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Apparently, the crew went to Flat Rock on Thursday. Northbound engine light, back south with 20 cars. Sounds like another run to Flat Rock tomorrow (Saturday), as they will have jet fuel to take north.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

Loco_Engr wrote:Apparently, the crew went to Flat Rock on Thursday. Northbound engine light, back south with 20 cars. Sounds like another run to Flat Rock tomorrow (Saturday), as they will have jet fuel to take north.

YEAH!!!! You made my last day for train watching for 2012! I'll be heading out soon (bed first)! I was just wondering about IORY operations to Flat Rock before seeing this post! This should make nice Winter photography! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Robertrains on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Robertrains wrote:
Loco_Engr wrote:Apparently, the crew went to Flat Rock on Thursday. Northbound engine light, back south with 20 cars. Sounds like another run to Flat Rock tomorrow (Saturday), as they will have jet fuel to take north.

YEAH!!!! You made my last day for train watching for 2012! I'll be heading out soon (bed first)! I was just wondering about IORY operations to Flat Rock before seeing this post! This should make nice Winter photography! :mrgreen:
I went to Flat Rock this morning around 10 a.m. and was South of the yard until after 1 p.m. The only train I saw at Huroc Park was a Northbound CN mixed freight (ES44DC led with SD70M-2 trailing—unsure of the numbers)!!!!
I never saw an IORY train at all! Earlier this morning I saw GTW GP9r #4633 heading south at Allen Park with 3 cars! I then saw the engine park at Flat Rock yard! Lastly I saw three Northbounds at Wyandotte from 2:30—4 p.m. A Northbound NS Autorack train came with one SD70 loco. When I was about to leave, a CN came (SD70M-2 led) followed closely by an NS Mixed freight 2 tracks to the east. That train had a regular Dash 9 leading! The CN looked awesome kicking up lots of snow!!!! I hope my shots will turn out good (Winter is my favorite season)!!!!

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Well, like I said...they PROBABLY would go. Something must have happened to change the plan. Pretty good chance they'll run to Flat Rock on Monday now, unless something changes. They could go Mon-Wed-Fri one week, then Tue-Thu-Sat the next, then three days in a row the week after that. No real pattern, exactly...other than making around three trips up there a week (and that's not always the case, either).

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Loco_Engr wrote:Well, like I said...they PROBABLY would go. Something must have happened to change the plan. Pretty good chance they'll run to Flat Rock on Monday now, unless something changes. They could go Mon-Wed-Fri one week, then Tue-Thu-Sat the next, then three days in a row the week after that. No real pattern, exactly...other than making around three trips up there a week (and that's not always the case, either).

I didn't take it as fact since nothing is ever certain (for the most part)! I've caught IORY a lot since 1997 when they started over here! They had trains to Flat Rock daily back then!

Here's my favorite IORY shot, taken 6-1-12: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3063677

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

I was at Carleton today (2-9) and saw the Indiana & Ohio head to Flat Rock around 11 a.m. It had SD40T-2 #4072 carrying boxcars and tankers! Were they carrying Jet fuel? I like that they have more business now (but nothing like the '90s)! Are Saturday runs common? It was great to see! I also photographed CN #384 and two (south and north) CSX freights there! All four trains came close together! The CSX train heading south was led by a GE ES44DC—the northbound was led by a C40-8 in YN2 colors! Both were mixed freights.

I then waited for the southbound IORY at Huroc Park to photograph it crossing the Huron River! It came at
12:20 p.m. and looked awesome running Long Hood Forward (like my picture from last June)!!!!