Ontario Southland question

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
MDH
rp.net addict

Ontario Southland question

Unread post by MDH »

Hey Canadian board members! When did OSR start using ex-BC Rail 644 to run to Woodstock (and is that common now)? While it's "different" it was nice going up there and getting matched sets of pretty OSR painted units doing that turn. Any plans to re-paint that 644?

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... 15,2849097

Thanks,
Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Ontario Southland question

Unread post by Aleks »

Michael, they actually have 3 of the ex BCOL M420's and have used 644 not long after they took over operation of the CP line from Woodstock to St. Thomas. It was out of service for awhile needing repairs. One of the units is used as a parts source. Since having taking over switching the CAMI plant in Ingersoll from CN they have added an extra job and have more power requirements now.

telus6429
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by telus6429 »

Another heads up, osr is getting 4 sw1200rs, and supposedly going into service immediately some of them...
Telus6429
Ian
Windsor, Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain/

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Thanks guys - so it sounds like 644 was out of service for a while but they're just using it more now? Last time I was up there was almost a year ago and while they had several 'other' units sitting around the shop, etc. they were only using OSR painted units the couple times I was there last year. I thought that was common practice at the time though CN was still switching CAMI then also. Any idea if the 4 new SW's are going to be used as CAMI switchers or on their regular trains?

Thanks,
Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO