D709 switching points

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

D709 switching points

Unread post by CAT345C »

When D709 leaves Ensel heading east heres what they have to switch in the order in which they are from Ensel
ADM PLANT-webberville
RHETEC PLASTICS-Fowlerville
EXCELDA MAN.-Fowlerville
VANGUILDERS GRAIN- Fowlerville
AMERICAN CHEM-Fowlerville
THERMOFIL-Fowlerville
ANN PERE-Turn around 97% of the time
CTC TRUSS- Green Oak hasn't had car in close to a month and a half
REVERSAL PT-South Lyon
PEAKER SRV-Green Oak-rarely get anything
FORMER CTC- Green Oak-not used
EXPORT-Brigthon (US23 MP 43)) not used
ANN PERE
INTERNATIONAL-Howell
OGHAIRA-Howell
CHEMICAL-Howell
ADM PLANT-sometimes called to put a train together with the switcher but very rare.

All of these places except for ADM, Thermofil, and the Vanguilders Grain get at most 4 cars at time usuaully just one or two, and with only Q327, Q335, coming during the day, and once in a while a coal, and K357, and Q326 coming by in the afternoon, I don't see why they can't get out past Howell to CTC Truss. Even in Howell they don't switch International Paper, who has 17 cars on the siding right now!.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Also Mike, on occasion (As required), they pick up empty coal cars from Michigan State University's Coal plant by Harrison road here in East Lansing. The last time I heard them do that was about a month ago. They do that on the way back though.
Last edited by RailCanon on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

do the send coal through gr to msu?
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

MSU Coal trains

Usually the coal comes in a cut of cars on Q327, who drops it off in the yard at Lansing. Once Q327 drops it there, the Lansing yard job, Y302, usually delivers it to the plant the following morning.
Once or twice a month, CSX will run a dedicated coal train to MSU from Kentucky. This train can use two ID's, and they seem to alternate between them: W502 and W339. After they drop the train at the plant, the engines will usually run light to Grand Rapids, if they have time to do so. Otherwise the engines are taken to Lansing and dropped off there.
Recently though, they ran a W502 with WESTERN coal from Wyoming that came from BNSF rails, and used BNSF engines. I don't know if they've done this again or not, but I do know that there haven't been any unit W502/W339 trains running to the plant for about a month now.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

NS has about 15 loaded Top Gons at Jackson, that I will assume will be headed up Mason way for Lansing.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Oh yeah, I forgot, NS occasionally brings coal up to Mason, and then they truck it up to East Lansing and the plant. Thanks for reminding us about that Scott.