New CSX Logo Paint Name

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
SimRacin14
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New CSX Logo Paint Name

Unread post by SimRacin14 »

GP30M4216 wrote:The new logo image continues to find its way onto new types of rolling stock. Here in New Haven, CT, yesterday I spied a lineup of four brand new single lid coil cars in CSXT's Cedar Hill yard. All sport the "boxcar" logo and have "How Tomorrow Moves" under the lettering but above the wheels. The end car was number CSXT 493052. The lid ends indicate they can be used on CSX cars 493000-493524.

I'll post a photo tomorrow.
Saw a bunch of them on Q534(Nashville,TN-Louisville,KY) a few weeks ago. They look nice, for now.
CSXT 493026, Lebanon Junction,KY 4/13/2012 by bluegrassrailfan, on Flickr

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

GP30M4216 wrote:The new logo image continues to find its way onto new types of rolling stock. Here in New Haven, CT, yesterday I spied a lineup of four brand new single lid coil cars in CSXT's Cedar Hill yard. All sport the "boxcar" logo and have "How Tomorrow Moves" under the lettering but above the wheels. The end car was number CSXT 493052. The lid ends indicate they can be used on CSX cars 493000-493524.

I'll post a photo tomorrow.
Funny enough, I shot the exact same lids (Same exact #'s) at Trinity Rail in Saginaw Texas last month where they are building them along with a mass amount of KCS ones.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

The new logo image continues to find its way onto new types of rolling stock. Here in New Haven, CT, yesterday I spied a lineup of four brand new single lid coil cars in CSXT's Cedar Hill yard. All sport the "boxcar" logo and have "How Tomorrow Moves" under the lettering but above the wheels. The end car was number CSXT 493052. The lid ends indicate they can be used on CSX cars 493000-493524.
Here's my photo. I think these look great. YES, they might not last for long in such good shape, but it's good to see a piece of rolling stock painted for a real railroad with logos and graffiti free!!

Full size: http://indianarailroads.org/board/index ... 5182;image

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GP30M4216 wrote:but it's good to see a piece of rolling stock painted for a real railroad with logos and graffiti free!!

Full size: http://indianarailroads.org/board/index ... 5182;image
Agreed, I do not care for graffiti.

In the background those look like trash cars. Are those dirty dirt cars for EQ?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Unless EQ switched the type of car they had been getting, they were just normal gons. I seen somewhere that EQ had expanded there tracks, so they could be. Those cars actually look like the cars that go to Fostoria, for the dump.

As far as the coil cars go, I wonder if they will last longer then the last ones. Back four or six years ago CSX go quite a few gray painted, and CSX painted ones. They were all leases, and over half of them got turned back after just two years, and now spot AOK (IIRC) reporting marks.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Speaking of coil cars, I always liked Conrail's CoilShield cars. As far as I know, they were the only road to use them. The oxide red paint and low profile with the distinctive angular hood were always nice to see.

AARR, if you read the caption, that photo was out here in my new neck of the woods - the New Haven, Connecticut area. The photo was taken in Cedar Hill Yard, a once-sprawling New Haven RR facility with two humps, a steam, electric, and later diesel servicing area, and lines diverging in five directions. Today, it is a shadow of its former self. Although three freight roads plus Amtrak maintain a presence here, much of the yard is abandoned/overgrown or built over by commercial space or industry. CSX inherited its flat-switched mostly stub-end portion of the remaining northern part of the yard from Conrail. A scrap yard provides the busiest traffic for them here (hence the new coil cars). I'm not sure if those big high-side gons carry scrap steel or trash. When loaded, the cars always have a bright orange mesh over the load which makes it hard to see....and of course you can't see much from ground level. There are a lot of these cars around, though, so it's a pretty good business, whatever it may be.

I'm learning more about the operations, interchanges and customers in the Cedar Hill area, if anyone is interested, just let me know.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

GP30M4216 wrote:Speaking of coil cars, I always liked Conrail's CoilShield cars. As far as I know, they were the only road to use them. The oxide red paint and low profile with the distinctive angular hood were always nice to see.

AARR, if you read the caption, that photo was out here in my new neck of the woods - the New Haven, Connecticut area. The photo was taken in Cedar Hill Yard, a once-sprawling New Haven RR facility with two humps, a steam, electric, and later diesel servicing area, and lines diverging in five directions. Today, it is a shadow of its former self. Although three freight roads plus Amtrak maintain a presence here, much of the yard is abandoned/overgrown or built over by commercial space or industry. CSX inherited its flat-switched mostly stub-end portion of the remaining northern part of the yard from Conrail. A scrap yard provides the busiest traffic for them here (hence the new coil cars). I'm not sure if those big high-side gons carry scrap steel or trash. When loaded, the cars always have a bright orange mesh over the load which makes it hard to see....and of course you can't see much from ground level. There are a lot of these cars around, though, so it's a pretty good business, whatever it may be.

I'm learning more about the operations, interchanges and customers in the Cedar Hill area, if anyone is interested, just let me know.
I am pretty sure those big gons haul trash and construction debris.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Those cars allways cary trash. The orange mesh is the tell tale sign.

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Those cars allways cary trash. The orange mesh is the tell tale sign.
There is AIMX cars being used for scrap around the Hamilton area

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

That would be the first I have seen that. Around here they all are used for trash, and have the orange mesh overthem.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

I have not see mention of it anywhere, but the first three new ES44AH's have left Erie. CSXT 3002, 3003, & 3004 were taken to the BRC in Chicago, a few days ago on Q393.

csxt4617
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csxt4617 »

I wonder which logo they have. Hopefully some pics will surface soon ;) I've often wondered why they didn't use the 3000's instead of cramming new units in with other groups. They've mostly been empty since the mid 90's, which only a handful of BQ/B23-7's and U23B's in the 3000-3324 range left by the time of the Conrail split. They added a few B23-S7's in the upper 3100's, but those didn't last very long either. 3325+ has pretty much been empty since 1990. They had a couple U25B's in the 3400's that were retired in 1989, and 1 U28C in the 3500's that was retired shortly after CSX started.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

csxt4617 wrote:I wonder which logo they have. Hopefully some pics will surface soon ;) I've often wondered why they didn't use the 3000's instead of cramming new units in with other groups. They've mostly been empty since the mid 90's, which only a handful of BQ/B23-7's and U23B's in the 3000-3324 range left by the time of the Conrail split. They added a few B23-S7's in the upper 3100's, but those didn't last very long either. 3325+ has pretty much been empty since 1990. They had a couple U25B's in the 3400's that were retired in 1989, and 1 U28C in the 3500's that was retired shortly after CSX started.
They will be in the [YN3] scheme.
Bottom text.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Taken by our own GLC 392.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

CSXT 3005 was shoved into the P1A at Collingwood today, looks like its going to get set up in Cleveland.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I like the [..CSX..] on the side a lot, but the [..CSX..] on the front looks, well, wierd. Maybe it's just a personal preferance, but it is like 1/3 of the door, and seems off-center. The door handle also goes over the logo sometimes, and isn't painted as well. IMO

Anyone have any idea as to when/if CSX's repaints will start getting the new logo?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSX Q109 »

Is the photo of the 3002 photoshoped or is that a real photo? I ask cause Ive not seen any photos of them yet.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Its a real photo. I was on the phone with him when he took it. There is alrady 4 of them out there. Plus there are other photos on the net of them.

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSX Q109 »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Its a real photo. I was on the phone with him when he took it. There is alrady 4 of them out there. Plus there are other photos on the net of them.
Okay thanks for that info matt. I just did not know cause thats the only photo that ive seen of one of the new 3000s.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Sitting in the P1A at Collingwood yard in Cleveland is the 3001, 3005, & 3006.
On Q39309 should be already out of Willard is 3007, 3008, 3010, 3011, 3012, & 3013.
On Q35711 should be in Willard by now, is the 3009.

Somehow I have now seen all the 3000's that are out, except the 3000 if there is a 3000.