Conrail Shared Assets Operations

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Conrail Shared Assets Operations

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

UPDATED

Few Questions:

1. What is the job that switches around North Yard? ( The Terminal West, industry around the yard, cars to/from CN )

2. What is the job that runs to Mound Road Yard?

Call times would be nice too.

I think we have a year and 3 months to enjoy the jobs at Sterling before they are gone with Sterling Assembly expected to close in December 2010.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

CSX Q150 is a Detroit/Livernois-Cleveland train. Doesn't go all the way to Syracuse. Add Q151 as a Cleveland-Detroit/Livernois train. And it's Syracuse, not Searcuise.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Thursday, right around noon, I saw a NS road train come down out of North Yard, headed through Milwaukee Junction. He had a lot of autos on the head end. I didn't have time to follow him. What train was it and where was he going? I didn't know if he was going out the Michigan Line, or down the Detroit line, but I didn't have time follow him. It looked like a high hood GP 38 in the lead.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

That was the NS B-35 or B-38 ( aka bomber ). It runs from Oakwood setting off at cars at North Yard and maybe Mound Road and gets to Sterling setting off the Sterling cars, then runs around and Picks up cars at ( Mound Road :?: ), North then ( thats where you saw it ) gets back to Oakwood.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

MY-6 ,630a Mack yard, Huber yard, Terminal East, Beltline Extention. NY-27, 1201p North yard, Mack yard. MR-21, 300p Mound Road yard. MR-70,1030p, Mound Road. NY-46, 1100p, North yard MY-56, 1130p, Mack yard. Terminal West and the CN interchange are switched by one of the North yard crews, because they do not get switched everyday or at the same time.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks, Ill add that tomorrow. Is Mound Road Yard and Mack still closed and the jobs start at North Yard or do they have an engine at those yards :?:

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Mound , Mack still boarded up, no engines at these locations. North yard open for crews to report, but No yardmasters. If the economy picks and we don't loose anymore industries, they may open these locations and bring back everyone that is laid off.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

SET Steel, located in the old General Dynamics Tank plant, is closed. They shipped scrap steel and may have received inbound steel.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Was that the old HoggBros scrap which was the old tank plant by 11 mile :?:

Also how do CSX cars for Sterling get to Sterling Yard from North Yard? I would assume they get moved by the NS B38 or B35 from North Yard to Sterling but not sure :?:

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Hogg Bros / SET Steel = same place. MT's in/loads out. Conrail still has people laid off. There is a new transfer job that moves cars around the terminal. They have the permits to knock down the Mound rd. yard office ( no time frame yet ). Crews are now showing up at Sterling, Mack & North yards, but still no yardmasters.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

milineamtrak wrote:Was that the old HoggBros scrap which was the old tank plant by 11 mile :?:
Sorry, I don't know. However, the location could be the same. SET was inside the old GD plant and I'm not sure if they were a processor of steel who shipped out the scrap or if the were more like a typical scrap yard.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Just heard that Mound road yard office is no more ! Knocked down and cleaned up in one day. Because it sits so far back off of the road it's a little hard to spot. I'am working midnites and don't get to that side of town. Can anyone confirm this?

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Sounds like Mound Road Yard is no more. I didnt think it would open up anyways as it is so close to North Yard and betwwen Sterling Yard.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The old DTRR line on the Northwest side of Detroit has been cut back to Wyoming Avenue, with a bumper installed on the western side of crossing.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Conrail installed a short runaround track between Wyoming and Meyers. They cut a deal to close road crossings in exchange for $tate FundS to build it.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Is there any new updates to the jobs on page one?

CSX has some job that leaves Sterling sometime around noon with light engine or a few cars. I seen it a few times. A few days ago I saw the WS-20 job at Sterling switching autoracks at 2:20pm. That seems kind of late for a 9am job to still be working. Do they have another job there? Any updates appreciated.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Tuesday afternoon, March 9, around 3pm, watched the CR crew (in a NS Gp38-2) switch the plant that is in the southeast corner of 9 Mile and Mound (Assembly?). Handling very long cut of 86' box cars. In the yard was auto racks and auto frames on flat cars.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

That was the MR-21 from North Yard.

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrail7695 »

First off I do apologize this thread was last post in 2010..but it is a general question about the Conrail shared assets .. Is this railroad classified as a short line or terminal railroad?
THANKS M. SHIREY

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

It's a Regional Railroad recently named The Regional Railroad of the Year bt railway Age.