LTV Mining Railroad

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

LTV Mining Railroad

Unread post by Racer »

What happened to this railroad?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: LTV Mining Railroad

Unread post by SD80MAC »

The mine shut down, the railroad was mothballed and the equipment sold off.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 12Bridge »

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Funny you bring this up, the last F9's from this operation were just moved out of Hoyt Lakes either today or yesterday. Not a piece of the Erie Mining Company left in their home territory.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

MQT1223 wrote:Funny you bring this up, the last F9's from this operation were just moved out of Hoyt Lakes either today or yesterday. Not a piece of the Erie Mining Company left in their home territory.
Your are incorrect! :lol: There are still scrap components of the F9Bs left!
Connor

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Someone mentioned (in the North & Central Indiana Railroads group) on Facebook that some of the Erie Mining F's might be headed to the Vermillion Valley Railroad. Is there any substance to the rumor, and if so, is there a source with any more information available?
~ Charles W.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Someone mentioned (in the North & Central Indiana Railroads group) on Facebook that some of the Erie Mining F's might be headed to the Vermillion Valley Railroad. Is there any substance to the rumor, and if so, is there a source with any more information available?
TRAINS magazine reported that they got moved out a few days ago, but to where I am not sure since I cannot read the full article. Great to see these F units making a resurgence on the short haul railroads!
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)