Conrail bridge is down and out........

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Conrail bridge is down and out........

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

......Monday 7/28 and Tuesday 7/29 from 7 A to 7 P for repairs. They got the whole world tied up. Everything running the Jct yard running track. CN going the old way. WAS NOT in the daily ! A lovely Monday moaning surprise for everyone. :-)

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Conrail bridge is down and out........

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I used to work on a boat that docked in the Rouge and would have to go from Fort Street out the Rouge to the main river and return every day we sailed, through two road drawbridges and three railroad drawbridges. I recall one evening coming back in the river to find out that something had broken on the Conrail Bridge and they had to "get the plans from New Jersey" in order to make repairs....you can imagine the look on people's faces when the bridge operator radioed us that! I explained that I thought Conrail's SA was based there and that's probably where their structural plans were kept. We docked and sat in the scenic lower Rouge for hours. I think it was about 1AM before the pinions ground into gear and the navigation lights switched from red to green for the lift. Our paycheck wasn't bad at all but our boss wasn't happy!